- The scholarship is awarded annually to a student attending medical school who is a resident of either the Adirondack Park, St. Lawrence, Franklin, Clinton, Essex or Hamilton County of New York State or has lived in one of these counties for at least two years. The successful candidate must be willing to return to one of the above locations or to a remote part of the US where doctors are needed to practice medicine. Interested applicants must be accepted by an accredited medical school in the US or Canada for an MD or DO program. (Students in OB, PA, PT, OT, or nursing programs are not eligible to apply.)
- Applications must be submitted through our Online Grants Manager after April 1, 2024. You can share this information sheet on what we're looking for from your references.
- The deadline to apply is May 15, 2024.
- Scholarship amount is up to $10,000.
Adirondack Park, St. Lawrence, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton and Clinton Counties of New York State
1. Read the above to determine your eligibility.
2. Create an Online Grants Manager account in preparation to submit your application.
For more information, visit our Online Grants Manager page.
3. Complete and submit your application.
4. Wait to hear if you’ve received funding.
5. Share progress updates.
The Plante family likes to keep track of the recipients of this scholarship and encourages those grantees to share news of their progress in the field of medicine and where they are practicing. We gratefully accept electronic photos and stories about your experiences.