Applications are due no later than 5 pm on June 1 annually.
Organizations are encouraged to apply if they meet the following criteria:
- Classified as charities under Section 501c3 of the Internal Revenue Code, or
- Certain governmental units providing services to the general public in the areas of education and libraries
- We encourage partnerships and collaborations.
Although grants can be made elsewhere, primary support goes to applicants in the Adirondack region area of New York State.
Grants range from $500 to as much as $50,000 in special circumstances. Total annual grants in recent years have amounted to $280,000.
We suggest applicants include overall goals and objectives of their organization with details about specific projects, if applicable. Financial information and project budget are optional – no more than two pages if submitted.
Programs supported by the Lake Placid Education Foundation
- Grants are made to schools, both public and private, for many different purposes, including scholarships, equipment, operating expenses or other special needs.
- Libraries are supported through grants for collection additions, special studies, staff training, operations, equipment, etc.
- Arts and other cultural organizations are aided for educational activities especially those linked with educational institutions and those that relate to general public education.
- Restoration programs to provide educators and librarians with the opportunity to “renew” themselves through quiet study and relaxation away from the pressure of their usual work environment.
- Seed-sowing - the study of new ideas in the areas of education and library science, helping organizations start new projects and assisting innovation in a variety of ways.
1. Read the above to determine your eligibility.
To inquire if you are eligible to apply, contact [email protected].
2. Complete and submit your application.
3. Wait to hear if you’ve received funding.
4. Promote your grant.
For those applicants who have been notified that they’ve received funding, you can access our Grantee Resources portal, where you’ll find sample press releases, sample social media posts, various versions of our logo, and other tools to help you share the good news. Don’t forget to tag us in your communications so that we can amplify your good work on our own digital channels.